4.16.2011

Spring is in the air...

Wow! I can't believe it's been over a month since I last blogged.  It's been pretty busy, in the life of Tricia.  Where do I start?  Well I'll start with where I left off.  Last time I blogged, I was getting ready to go to Girls Weekend.  That was a fun weekend :) I might have indulged a little more than planned, and I gained about 3 lbs.  Whoever said calories and fat grams don't count on Vacation, LIED!! :) But I didn't let it get me down.  I came back, finished out my 2nd to last Semester and had a nice relaxing week long break.

On March 28th my friend Courey and I started Boot Camp Las Vegas.  It's been tough, and I've thought about quitting more than once but I only have one more week to go and then I can stop getting up at 345 am! (I have had a one week hiatus from BCLV because I had some stupid stomach flu).  In addition to going to Boot Camp, I joined up at a local weight watchers.  I'm hoping that the new program will boost my weight loss a little more.  I am currently at 204.4 lbs which means I have lost a total of 22.2 lbs since January :) WOO HOO I finally made it over that 20 lbs mark! If I keep it up I should have NO problem getting to my goal by my 30th birthday (which by the way, is in 30 weeks...but who's counting right? LOL)

Two weeks ago, I started my 6th and FINAL semester of Nursing School.  I am so excited! I only have 14 more weeks to go before I can go out in the real world and HOPEFULLY find a job.  Today, I had the privilege of helping out at the Spring 2011 pinning ceremony and it was awesome.  I found a new sense of motivation to finish!

Last time I blogged, I had just finished my first 5K and was stoked about my time.  Well a week from today, I will do my 2nd 5K and I am very excited for it.  I am hoping to get done in less time than the first one.  I'll be doing this one alone, so it will be more of a personal accomplishment for me.  I'm a little nervous about going alone, but I think it will be good for me.  I just need to get some good music and get into a groove.  I still can't run far distances, but I am positive, I could run further than I did at my first 5K.

I also want to make note, that it has been 4 and a half months since I have smoked a cigarette.  The cravings are getting less and less as the days go on.  It has DEFINITELY helped when trying to work out...I know that if I still smoked, that I wouldn't have as much stamina as I do.  Thanks to everyone who has been encouraging and inspiring to me :) Much love to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment