2.21.2012

Positive! Positive! Positive!

Do you ever have those days, weeks, or months where you feel like no matter which way you turn there is SOME sort of bad news coming your way? It could be something so little like your favorite pen ran out of ink. Or it could be something big like you didn't get the job you were really hoping and praying for. 

Well for about the last week or so, for me, that's how it's been.  NO I haven't been turned down for a job, necesarrily...but I feel like everything I plan for and everything I want to happen is just NOT happening.

About 3 weeks ago I had an AWESOME interview with a unit manager for one of the hospitals here in town and when I talked to him about a week later, he said he really wants to hire me but he won't be able to for at least a month...ok some good and some bad at the same time...I can be patient, right? Right!

Well, I filed my tax retrun on February 4th and was anticipating the deposit to be in my bank account on the 15th - that didn't happen....so when it wasnt' there on the 16th, I called the IRS and they said "yeah yeah, we have it and are processing it, if you don't get it by the 25th, call us back" so...OK I can deal with that.  I planned a super fun theme park vacation for me and Cowboy - our FIRST ever vacation together (and we've been together for almost 7 years). This said vacation was originally supposed to happen from 2/28/12-3/4/12.  Well when I checked "where's my refund" on the IRS website it said I shouldn't expect my refund until MARCH 6TH!!!! So...OK...just a minor blip in the radar, no big deal, we'll just push our vacation back a week.  It's a good thing(for the sake fo this vacation) at this time that  he's not currently working and I can make my own schedule so postponing for one week is no big deal....well tonight I found out that he has a race to go to on the 10th which falls right smack dab in the middle of our so-called vacation.  So BAM just like that - vacation plans officially squashed!

There's more to all of this "negativity" but those are the BIG main parts that have been getting me down. 

The title of this post is "Positive! Positive! Positive!" though, isn't it?  So a long lost friend from Elementary school private messaged me on Facebook tonight after I posted this  status update:
"SERIOUSLY!!!!! Can I just get ONE fricken' piece of good news PLEASE?!?!?!?! JUST ONE that's all I'm asking for!!!!!"

She said that sometimes when she's feeling the way Ive been feeling that she will either write down 5 positive things that are happening in her life, or things she is thankful for, and it helps. So that got me thinking....She's absolutely right! I want to not feel this negativity anymore! I want to not "Sweat the small stuff" so in honor of her advice here are my "5 positive things"

  1. I am thankful to have a job - because so many right now don't.  So i need to quit complaining about it.
  2. I am thankful for my Parents, Brothers and Chloe - with out them I don't know if I would be the person that I am today.
  3. I am thankful for Cowboy. Even though he may get under my skin - I know that he loves me with all that he has, and how many people can say that about their other half?
  4. I am thankful for each and every one of my friends - even the ones I only connect with on Facebook.  They are always there to lend a shoulder when I need one and to make me smile when I have a frown.
  5. Last but not least...I am thankful for my four legged babies.  They love me unconditionally and bring smiles to my face on a daily basis. Especially my Duster...hes definitely a mama's boy ;)
So there you have it - My 5 positives for the day.  I think maybe I'll try this every day.  Thanks for reading my rant.  Have a great week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment